SODIUM BENZOATE POWDER E211
250 In stock
SODIUM BENZOATE E211 | Food Grade Preservative | Fermentation Stop | FREE P&P Granules High Quality UK Postage
- SODIUM BENZOATE GRANULES : Sodium Benzoate Granules appear as a white granule. This product is the sodium salt of benzoic acid and is soluble in water. It is primarily used as a preservative in food, and is most commonly found in salad dressings, carbonated drinks, jams and fruit juices, pickles, and condiments.
- WHAT IS IT USED FOR? Many soft drinks contain sodium benzoate both as a preservative, and to enhance the flavour effect of their high fructose corn syrup. Sodium benzoate is commonly added to acidic foods such as cider vinegar, pickles, condiments, jams and preserves, and soy sauce to control mould, bacteria, yeast and other microbes. Sodium benzoate interferes with their ability to make energy.
- SODIUM BENZOATE KNOWN AS E211 : Sodium Benzoate is the sodium salt form of benzoic acid, and is synthesized by reacting benzoic acid with sodium hydroxide. Sodium Benzoate is also known as E211. Although sodium benzoate must be manufactured, benzoic acid occurs naturally in some foods such as apples, prunes, plums, greens, cloves, and some berries.
- FOOD GRADE : Sodium Benzoate is a food additive used as preservative in acidic food and drinks – mostly those with a pH below 5. Added as an anti-fungal, it is used to balance the pH inside individual cells, raising the overall acidity of the product and creating an environment in which it is more difficult for fungi to grow. These fungi can invade food and cause it to spoil, dramatically reducing its shelf life.
- BENZOIC ACID : Because Sodium Benzoate only converts to benzoic acid in acidic environments, it is not used for its anti-microbial action unless the pH is below about 3.6. Sodium Benzoate is also used as a corrosion inhibitor in automotive anti-freeze products.
Sodium Benzoate is a preservative. It is bacteriostatic and fungistatic under acidic conditions. It is used most prevalently in acidic foods such as salad dressings (vinegar), carbonated drinks (carbonic acid), jams and fruit juices (citric acid), pickles (vinegar), and condiments. It is also found in alcohol-based mouthwash and silver polish. It is also used in fireworks as a fuel in whistle mix, a powder which emits a whistling noise when compressed into a tube and ignited. Sodium benzoate is used as a treatment for urea cycle disorders due to its ability to bind amino acids. It is also used as a preservative in medicines and cosmetics. As a food additive, sodium benzoate has the E number E211.Uses:
Carbonated Drinks | Salad Dressings | Fruit Juices | Vinegar | Jams | Pickles | Condiments | Mouth Wash | Silver Polish | Cough Syrups | Fireworks | Whistle Mix.
SODIUM BENZOATE E211 (Food Grade)
Ingredients: Sodium Benzoate Granular BP, EP, E211, USP, NF, FCC
Molecular formula: NaC6H5Co2
Cas no: 532-32-1
Molar mass: 144.11g/mol
Uses: Salad Dressings, Vinegar, Carbonated Drinks, Jams, Fruit Juices, Pickles, Mouth Wash, Fireworks Whistle Mix.
Salad Dressings, Vinegar, Carbonated Drinks, Jams, Fruit Juices, Pickles, Mouth Wash, Fireworks Whistle Mix.
IF IN EYES Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
Suitable for Kosher & Halal.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.