Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder (Superior Log Grown - Reishi Tea) Certified
50 In stock
REISHI MUSHROOM POWDER Immune System | Detox Tea A Grade Premium Quality Free UK Soil Association Certified Organic Vegan Natural Tea Ganoderma Lucidum
- WHAT IS REISHI MUSHROOM? The reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) is a fungus that predominantly grows in tropical and subtropical woodlands in the Asian continent. The word Ganoderma lucidum was derived from two Latin words, ‘Gan’ which means shiny and ‘Derm’ meaning skin and ‘Lucidum’ with the meaning ‘brilliant’. This term describes the glossy appearance of the mushroom. This mushroom belongs to the family Ganodermataceae and the genus Ganoderma.
- OTHER NAME'S OF REISHI MUSHROOM: The reishi mushroom bears the nickname “queen of mushrooms” as it has been revered by Chinese people for ages. In China, it is popularly known as “Ling Zhi” which means a spiritual or miraculous mushroom, “Rui-Zhi”, and “Chi-Zhi. In Japan, it is referred to as “Reishi”, “Sachitake” or “Mannatake”. Americans commonly refer to it as Reishi while the Koreans named it “Youngzhi”, while it is wideley referred to as the "mushroom of immortality".
- SUPERIOR LOG GROWN: Reishi mushrooms thrive best in the wild, particularly in temperate and humid forests found in the mountains in Asia. The forests are usually located in very remote areas that are free from pollution that has clouded a majority of cities today. The reishi mushroom is a polypore, a sizeable group of mushrooms that form on dead and decaying hardwood trees. They have tubes on the underside of their cap with white pores that produce a large number of spores within a short time.
- STRUCTURE OF REISHI MUSHROOM: A single fungus can give rise to not more than three fruiting bodies. The fruiting body can be flat, shaped like a kidney and grows over 8cm in width. Alternatively, it can be tiny and assume the shape of a cloud. The skin of reishi mushrooms has a reddish-brown glossy appearance. However, the colour ranges from black to purple in certain locations. Mature reishi and growing reishi feel soft, like a sponge. Once they are harvested, they become hard and woody.
- FOOD GRADE HERB: The fruiting body, which consists of the head and stem, is the one which is often used. It is dried and finely ground to form the reishi mushroom powder. Reishi mushroom powder has a really bitter and earthy taste that’s why many people prefer to consume it with tea, smoothies and other drinks. Reishi can grow for several years, but people and animals feed on them as soon as they have started fruiting. It is also considered as one of the greatest plants for human well-being.
Organic Reishi Powder is a brown colored fine powder constituted of Reishi mushroom, also known as Ganoderma lucidum. It is among the most revered herbal medicines of the past. It is a fungus that grows in various hot and humid locations in Asia. For many years, this fungus has been a staple in Eastern medicine. Within the mushroom, there are several molecules, including triterpenoids, polysaccharides and peptidoglycans, that may be responsible for its health effects. Our Organic Reishi Powder is certified organic by the Soil Association under the code GB-ORG-05.
The term reishi is usually used when naming a group of closely related species of mushrooms that grow in woodlands particularly, Ganoderma tsugae, Ganoderma sinesis and Ganoderma lucidum. The species Ganoderma lucidum is the one with the highest demand in the human health realms. Reishi mushroom has been used by the Chinese for centuries and was often referred to as the “mushroom of immortality” because of its ability to make the body feel young and fresh. It is said that it originated on the Changbai Mountains over 2000 years ago. Some Chinese legends state that reishi is one of the living things that came from heaven when the Emperor ruled with wisdom and fairness. One ancient Chinese script which was compiled during the Han dynasty (25-220 A.D.) classified reishi as a superior herb on account of the benefits its consumers reaped after consuming it. In addition to these scripts, some Taoism artworks, engravings and paintings have been discovered to further reinforce the usage of Reishi from ancient times. Taoist priests made magic concoctions with this mushroom as they believed that it had spiritual powers which could increase the number of years one could live before joining the immortals as a spirit. The Chinese Goddess of Healing and Mercy, Kuan Yin is at times portrayed to hold a reishi mushroom. The various depictions of reishi are believed to be a sign of good luck among the general Chinese population. Used for several millenia in China, Reishi mushrooms are referred to as "the great protector." In Chinese art, the reishi mushroom symbolizes great health and longevity. This Chinese food grade herb is said to help people live a more spiritual, and happy life.Key Features:
- We provide only the highest quality natural superfoods.
- Our organic range is certified by the UK Soil Association or EU Certified.
- Committed to providing high quality products at low cost.
- Our passion is to help people stay healthy and enjoy life.
- Reishi mushroom is called lingzhi in Chinese.
- It is a polypore mushroom, and mostly refers to the Ganoderma lucidum species.
- This is a natural powder, not an extract.
ORGANIC REISHI POWDER
Ingredients: 100% Mushroom fruit bodies.
Recommended Dosage: We suggest taking 1 - 5 grams per day mixed with water, in juice or smoothies or can be made into a hot tea.
Free From: Salt Free, Sugar Free, No GMOs.
Serving Size: 1-5 grams.
|Each 100g Providing||Per Serving||%RI*|
|- Of which saturates||0.1g||**|
|- of which mono-unsaturates||0.3 g||**|
|- of which polyunsaturates||0 g||**|
|- of which sugars||0 g||**|
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Product should be stored out of reach of young children.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.