249 In stock
Organic Moringa Oleifera Powder (Natural Multi Vitamin, Superfood) Premium Raw Leaf Powder Superleaf Vega Supplement Superfood
- WHAT IS MORINGA POWDER? Moringa (Moringa oleifera) is a fast-growing evergreen tree that is majorly cultivated in the tropical and subtropical regions. The plant whose parts are processed into moringa powder has its roots in the Sub-Himalayan region of North India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Over time, cultivation has slowly spread to other parts of Asia, South America and West Africa. Almost all parts of the tree are eaten or used as ingredients in traditional herbal medicines.
- IT IS KNOWN BY VARIETY OF NAMES: Moringa oleifera is a fairly large tree native to North India. Other common terms used to refer to the tree are drumstick or horseradish. It belongs to a monogeneric family, Moringaceae and genus moringa that has thirteen other different species. The genus name moringa comes from the Tamil word ‘murungai’ which means twisted pod. The species name oleifera comes from two Latin words ‘oleum’ meaning oil and ‘ferre’ meaning bear.
- MORINGA TREE: The moringa tree is small, deciduous and grows 6-10m in height. Interestingly, it can grow up to 4m and start fruiting within the first year. It can adapt to a variety of tough environments. It has deep and massive tap roots that enable it to tolerate long dry seasons. The branches are feeble and hung with hairy foliage. The bark is greyish and has a thick cork. This especially applies to the leaves and pods, which are commonly eaten in parts of India and Africa.
- MORINGA LEAF: Moringa has green alternated leaves that bear an elliptical shape. Its flowers are white and elongated. Its fruits are green, cylindrical pods that resemble a drumstick (giving rise to the name drumstick tree). The fruits split open when they mature to reveal centred seeds. The crown of the tree is usually spread out like an umbrella hence their suitability in forming relatively good shades. Moringa powder is obtained from naturally dried and crushed moringa leaves.
- MORINGA GROWTH: Moringa thrives at altitudes of about 600m. However, it has been shown to still grow at high altitudes of above 1000m e.g. at the Himalayas Mountains, and up to 1900m in parts of East and Central Africa. It is tolerant of drought conditions and adapts by reducing the amount of foliage it produces. Moringa thrives in soils with different pH ranges. However, they have a low tolerance for poorly drained soils. Moringa leaves are an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals.
Moringa powder is an excellent source of plant-based protein (great for vegans and vegetarians) and rich in essential amino acids, manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron and vitamins A, B, C and K. Packed with antioxidants, moringa is not only highly nutritious but also really delicious! It contains exponentially more iron than spinach, more vitamin C than oranges, and more potassium than bananas. Moringa is perfect for gluten-free and lactose-free diets! Temperatures ranging from 25 to 30°c favour its growth while low temperatures affect the young plant adversely. The optimum annual rainfall for the growth of the moringa tree is between 1000-2000mm. They also require plenty of sunlight for optimal growth. Taken as part of your daily diet, moringa will significantly increase your body’s nutritional intake. Add to your smoothie, juice, soup; sprinkle over your cereal or simply mix with plain water.
Organic Moringa Powder
Ingredients:100% Organic Moringa Powder.
SUGGESTED USE:We suggest taking 1/2 to 4 teaspoons per day, you can mix the powder with hot or cold water, in juices or smoothies, mixed with food or take as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Free From: Dairy, Wheat, Gluten, GMO & Refined Sugar.
Serving Size: Per 100g.
|Each 100g Provides||Per Serving||%RI*|
|Of which Sugar||13g||**|
|Total Dietary Fibre||25g||**|
|Of which Saturates||2.5g||**|
|Salt (as Sodium)||0.2g||**|
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Product should be stored out of reach of young children.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.