Organic Lucuma Powder - Certified Organic Natural Sweetener Fruit - A Grade
50 In stock
Organic Lucuma Powder Certified Organic Natural Sweetener Fruit A Grade Premium Quality Free UK P&P
- WHY IS THIS THE BEST QUALITY? With its low glycaemic index (GI) and sweet taste, Lucuma is the new superfruit on the block. Organic Lucuma powders grown in altitude, our finely ground Peru, are full of nutrients. Rich in antioxidants, lucuma contains carotene, fibre and B vitamins, especially vitamin B3. We preserve the high nutrients by cleaning the fruit pulp in natural water, then drying it in air at low temperature. Nothing added, nothing taken. No additives or preservatives and no nasties.
- THIS IS FOR WHOM - Similar to mango, lucuma has a delicate, sweet taste like biscuits & honey. This low GI makes it an excellent dessert for slow release energy for health. A versatile ingredient, lucuma powder can be used in everything from baby food to creamy liqueurs. Add it to your smoothies, yogurt or juices to enhance nutrition, or add sugar to your dessert to satisfy this craving. Lucuma Ice Cream is great - it's one of the most popular ice cream flavours in South America.
- WHERE IS IT FROM - The local, Lokuma fruit we use in the sub-tropical rainforest valleys of South America is grown & harvested in the Peruvian Andes. It has been eaten there for over 2,000 years, Lucuma was used by the Incans as a nutritional food and it is still used widely in Peruvian cuisine. Lucuma is the most popular fruit in Peru by far, because of its sweet taste & its high nutritional value - the locals always know the value of this 'superfruit'.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - Historically, lucuma trees have provided food to families and villages when other crops were in short supply, so locals saw it as both a stable source of food and an 'insurance policy' against crop failure. The lucuma fruits in our organic powders are grown in a completely chemical-free environment. Fruit cultivation is expanding as it becomes more and more popular around the world, creating more jobs for Peruvian farmers.
- NATURAL HEALTHY - This fruit is very healthy and is rich in Beta Carotene, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Carbohydrates, Fibre, Vitamins and Minerals Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, Protein, and Vitamin A. In some countries, one of the the most popular ice-cream flavours is also Lucama. Lucama flavour is popular in its native range. In Peru, it exceeds the demand for strawberry, chocolate and vanilla flavours, which are popular worldwide.
Sourced from farms in Pesco (central Peru), Lucuma is a raw gourmet, organic nutrient-dense fruit. Dubbed the “Gold of Incas” this exotic Peruvian fruit is celebrated for its flagrant flavour. Lucuma has extracted from the Peruvian Highlands and bodies a wealthy source of minerals and vitamins. The complex combination of carbohydrates makes this sub-tropical food an essential “superfood”. The fruit is selected for the best quality, cleaned by hand in natural water and organically ground into a powder with no additives. A natural sweetener, Lucuma powder is prominent within the Peruvian Andes as ice-cream flavouring. Organic Lucuma powder is certified organic by the Soil Association under the code GB-ORG-05.
Lucuma powder is made from the fruit of the lucumo tree, which is like a cross between an avocado and a mango, with an avocado-pit-size seed in the middle. This tree belongs to the Andean region of South America.
PURE & PREMIUM PRODUCT: Organic’s lucuma powder is grown, harvested, dried and ground in Peru from only the finest fruit of the lucumo tree. A natural sweet, it has a creamy, sweet taste that is more delicate than most sugars, and is usually compared to maple syrup, butterscotch and brown sugar.
USES: Lucuma powder is an excellent and nutritious alternative to sugar, which has very low glycaemic content. It can be used in anything you usually add sugar to, such as tea, coffee, hot chocolate, smoothies, ice cream, shakes, desserts, cereals, baked goods, etc. In Chile, it is a very popular flavour in its own right for ice-cream.
ORGANIC LUCUMA POWDER
Ingredients: 100% Organic Lucuma Fruit
SUGGESTED USE: 5g per day. Please consult your doctor before taking any nutrient-dense products..
Free From: Gluten Free, GMO Free, Sugar Free.
Serving Size: Per 100g.
Each 100g Providing:
Energy (kJ)/(kcals) 1 1334/317(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Protein 4.2g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Fat 0.6g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Of which saturates 0g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Mono-unsaturates 0g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Poly-unsaturates 0g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Carbohydrate 60g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Of which sugars 25g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Fibre 24g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Salt 0.05g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Product should be stored out of reach of young children.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.