250 In stock
Organic Black Maca Powder (Libido, Fertility, Peruvian Ginseng) Organic Raw Black Maca Powder
- WHAT IS MACA? The maca plant (Lepidium meyenii) is a plant that grows exclusively on high elevations. The plant thrives in altitudes of between 4000 – 5000m above sea level. This is the reason why the plant is found in plenty in the high Andes Mountains in central Peru and Bolivia. Organic Black Maca Powder is an ancient food cultivated in the Andes, it is sometimes referred to as 'Peruvian Ginseng'. The plant thrives in high elevations as it requires cold temperatures to thrive.
- OTHER NAMES: Some of the terminologies used to refer to the plant include nutty maca, maca-maca, ayak chichira, maino, and ayak willku. It is also referred to as men’s maca due to its array of applications and benefits on men’s health. Over time, its other name Peruvian ginseng has caught on, but not to be confused with the regular ginseng. The similarity in reference is due to the similarity in effect between the two plant species.
- BRASSICACEAE FAMILY & RICH NUTRIENT: The maca plant, whose most important plant part is the tuberous root, belongs to the Brassicaceae family. Other vegetables in this family include cabbages, Brussels, kales, mustard, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, radishes, etc. Maca bears a close resemblance to radish. Maca is ideal for anyone with a busy lifestyle where work, parenting, exercise & stress all deplete the body. Maca has a rich nutrient content, including B vitamins, calcium, zinc, iron & iodine.
- COLOUR RANGES: Maca is colored based on the color of the hypocotyl, with the extreme ends white and black. However, the most popular types of mica are black, red, and yellow. Black mica is preferred because it has higher bioavailability than the other two. Despite the color difference on the outer casing, all Mica Roots look the same on the inside. Maca root combines physical characteristics that are between potato and white radish.
- DIFFERENT USE: The most preferred maca is that which grows in the wild, as opposed to the domesticated variety. Once the potent root has been dried for an adequate time frame, it is ready for processing into different usable forms. These include powder, tablets, capsules, liquor, etc. The desirable taste of black maca powder falls in between that of butterscotch & nuts. If it is new to you & you don’t know where to begin don’t be put off as it is really easy to use, try this chocolate smoothie bowl recipe to get started.
The earliest use of black maca root is traced to the native Andean people, during the existence of the Incan Empire. Both Peruvian and Bolivian civilisations, which date back to over 3000 years ago, have black maca as part of their history. They preferred to take the roots in their natural raw form to ensure they did not interfere with the nutrient composition. This especially applied when it was boiled to extremely high temperatures or added to extremely hot food and beverages.
The plant was adopted for consumption after they discovered its immense benefits after being consumed by livestock. The animals exhibited improved energy levels and fertility.The first group of people to notice these observations were the Spanish who visited Peru in the 14th century. On their trips back, they made sure to carry the plant and try it out on their livestock, beginning with their horses. This shone light on the potency of the plant and its demand increased in different countries.
At some point, it was so valuable and was used as currency in barter trade. Spanish conquistadors, who took over America, Peru included, felt the need to control its supply and keep as much as they could to themselves. The extract of the plant was used by most of the Spanish soldiers before entering the war zone. They believe that it gave them beyond-normal energy which they needed in such serious warfare. Even in the modern-day, Peruvians and Bolivians still take a dose of black maca powder.
Organic Raw Black Maca Powder
Ingredients: 100% Organic Maca.
Recommended Dosage: We recommend taking 1 heaped teaspoon (5 grams) of Black Maca Root Powder per day. You can mix the powder with hot or cold water, add it to a milk and honey drink, juices or smoothies. You can also add it to cookies, muffins, ice cream and much more.
Free From: Wheat, Crustacean, Eggs, Fish, Soya, Milk, Celery, Mustard, Lupin, Sesame, Nuts, Peanuts & Sulphur dioxide.
Serving Size: 5g.
Each 100g Providing:
|Each 100g Provides||Per Serving||%RI*|
|Of which Sugar||34.40g||**|
|Of which Saturated fat||0.19g||**|
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Product should be stored out of reach of young children.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.