50 In stock
Chopped & Dried Herbs
Chopped & Dried Herbs - Oregano Naturally dried Premium Quality Rubbed leaves and flowers of Origanum vulgaris Pure Natural Dried Oregano
- WHAT IS OREGANO? Oregano is an aromatic plant traditionally harvested from wild populations by rural communities. It is a culinary herb, used for the flavour of its leaves, which can be more flavourful when dried than fresh. It has an aromatic, warm, and slightly bitter taste, which can vary in intensity. Good-quality oregano may be strong enough almost to numb the tongue. Among the chemical compounds contributing to the flavour are carvacrol, thymol, limonene, pinene, ocimene, & caryophyllene.
- HERB FOR FOOD: The herb is widely used in cuisines of the Mediterranean Basin and Latin America, especially in Argentine cuisine. Oregano's most prominent modern use is as the staple herb of Italian cuisine. There, it is most frequently used with roasted, fried, or grilled vegetables, meat, and fish. The dried and ground leaves are most often used in Greece to add flavour to Greek salad, and is usually added to the lemon-olive oil sauce that accompanies fish or meat grills and casseroles.
- WEIGHT LOSS & STIMULATES METABOLISM: Oregano is an important culinary & medicinal herb that has been used in medicine & cooking for thousands of years with a number of potential health benefits. Oregano stimulates metabolism causing the body to burn more calories. It can increase energy levels in some people & can help you lose weight. Greek oregano is considered to be the best of all oregano types, because of the climate, which will bring to your dishes an unforgettable sensation of flavours & aromas.
- HEALTHY HEART, IMMUNE SYSTEM & ANTIVIRAL BOOSTING: Oregano tea contains Omega-3 fatty acids and helps improve cholesterol levels. Oregano contains a wide range of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti infective properties that help the immune system heal the body faster. It contains vitamin A and C, as well other compounds that are beneficial in boosting immune system. For medicinal use, oregano can be used as a herb in food, used as a tea, as a tincture or as an essential oil.
- SKIN PROBLEMS, YEAST AND OTHER FUNGAL INFECTIONS: Oregano contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that are beneficial to healing, reduce the signs of ageing, heal blemishes and reduce the appearance of scars. They neutralize the free radicals in the skin that cause wrinkles and age spots and they improve skin elasticity. Oregano contains carvacrol and thymol that treat infections and prevent them from spreading.
Oregano is a flowering plant in the mint family Lamiaceae. It is native to temperate Western and Southwestern Eurasia and the Mediterranean region. There are many different varieties of oregano, all are medicinal but vary in the amounts of beneficial compounds. The most potent oregano is said to come from Greece as plants grown in the summer heat seem to be more potent. Oregano is mainly used as a spice in food, in salads, sauces, to give a unique aroma and delicious taste. Also the use of marinating the meat is considered necessary as enriches it with fibre. In Turkish cuisine, oregano is mostly used for flavouring meat, especially for mutton and lamb. In barbecue and kebab restaurants it can be usually found as a condiment, together with paprika, salt, and pepper. During the summer, generous amounts of dried oregano are often added as the aromatic and flavourful topping to a tomato and cucumber salad in Portugal, but it can be used to season meat and fish dishes as well.
Natural Oregano 30 Mesh Dried
Ingredients: 100% dried Oregano.
Recommended Dosage: It is recommended to drink the infusion on an empty stomach, once a day and without sugar. 2 to 3 grams, 200 mills of water at around 100C degrees, from 3 mins up to 10 mins depend on preferences. Drink warm NOT hot after meal. Can be used multiple times by the pot-full or cup, as the ease of extraction of the taste components increases with the permeation of hot water.
Free From: Wheat Free, Crustacean Free, Eggs Free, Fish Free, Soya Free, Dairy Free, No GMOs, Celery Free.
Serving Size: 4g.
|Each Tablet Provides||Per Serving||%RI*|
|Energy||1280 (kJ)/306 (kcal)||**|
|of which saturates||3g||**|
|of which sugars||4g||**|
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.