Organic Maca Root Powder - Raw (Premium 4 Root, Peruvian Superfood) 100%
249 In stock
Organic Maca Root Powder - Raw (Premium 4 Root, Peruvian Superfood) 100% RAW Maca Korzeń Proszek High Quality Peruvian Energy Libido Support Pure Keto Kosher
- ABOUT MACA : Maca plant (Lepidium meyenii) is a fungal root belonging to the family Lepidium and the family Brassicaceae. Other common plants of this family include cabbage, banana, radish, broccoli, turnip & crusader. Maca powder is obtained by drying & grinding the raw roots of maca plant. Maca plant is a small plant which is about 20-30 cm tall. The hypocotyl, the area just above the root, is the most commonly used, although the leaves are also rarely eaten.
- GROWN IN THE ANDES : Maca is native to Peru and has been cultivated in the highlands of the Andes Highlands for over 2,500 years. Maca powder is usually available in three different colours, mainly red, yellow and black. Yellow is the most common colour and ranges from beige to light yellow. Its sweet taste is a bit sharp, like horseradish. Recently, black and red varieties are also gaining popularity due to their mild flavour. Maca powder has a soft texture.
- SUPERFOOD : People living in the maca-growing areas of Peru rarely ate the maca's roots raw, but preferred to add it to their stew, soup or porridge instead. Some were also dried so that they could be stored longer. Powdered maca is now very popular in the United States and other countries whose raw maca roots are only available in Peru. To take advantage of the natural minerals of this lost crop of the incas, try adding maca powder to smoothies or adding it to baking recipes.
- BIENNIAL PLANT : Maca is a biennial plant, meaning it is grown in two cycles in a year. The first cycle usually produces the best seed that can be used for planting. The second cycle is used to give Maca roots itself. Harvesting usually takes 6 to 10 months. Maca thrives well at high altitudes and requires mineral-rich soil. The cut roots are dried in the sun for three months. It takes another three months to turn it into a powder.
- NUTRITION & ANTIOXIDANTS : Maca root powder is an excellent source of protein, fiber & a variety of vitamins & minerals, including vitamin C, copper & iron. It also contains over 20 amino acids - including all eight essential amino acids & plenty of health-promoting phytonutrients. Maca root acts as a natural antioxidant, increasing the levels of glutathione & superoxide-releasing antioxidants in the body. Antioxidants help neutralise harmful free radicals, fight chronic disease, & prevent damage to cells.
Dubbed the “superfood of the Andes”, Maca is popular amongst the indigenous population of the Peruvian Andes. Cultivated in spring, Maca is a small root vegetable from the maca plant grown at altitudes over 3500 metres. Traditionally integrated in the nutrition of natives, the Maca root has evolved into a modern day “superfood”. Our Maca powder is made up of a normal harvest (unsorted) of approximately 70% yellow Maca root, and 30% mix of red, black and purple Maca root. Our Organic Maca Powder can be used in a variety of ways, including but not limited to; smoothies, salads, juices, desserts and raw cooking recipes. Organic Maca powder is certified by Soil Association to EU Organic Standards under the code GB-BIO-142 and Certified to UK Organic Standards under code GB-ORG-05
Maca, a root belonging to the radish family, is usually available in powder form. Growing in the mountains of Peru, it is called "Peruvian ginseng". The benefits of maca have long been appreciated, and have recently been popularised as a supplement and diet.
Maca dates back to 3800 BC when Peruvians used it as a valuable form of currency when trading. Some scripts claim that it was banned from the public and was used only by the Incas royal family. This is because of its potent value. Soldiers of the Incas would take them to battle because they thought it would increase their strength and make them tougher. Around 1550, a Spanish navy, led by Captain Juan Tello de Sotoy, set sail for Peru, offering maca roots as a token of appreciation for helping their cattle in any trouble. This happened after their chronicler, Cieza de Leon, observed and noticed that the locals of Chinchaycocha incorporated maca roots in most of their dishes. Father Cobo became the first person in 1653 to comprehensively describe the characteristics and uses of Maca. He also explained how it was the only plant that could survive in the extreme cold and unfavourable climate in the parts of Chinchaycocha where it was being grown. Later, in the 17th century, Gerhard Walpers scientifically described Maca as Lepidium meyenii. To distinguish it completely from other species, Tehllung described it as completely taxonomical. Historically, dried maca roots had to be boiled before eating or used to make porridge or soup.
AUTHORISED HEALTH BENEFITS BASED ON MICRONUTRIENTS
Micronutrients in Maca Powder contribute to:
✓ normal cysteine synthesis ✓ normal psychological function
✓ normal energy-yielding metabolism ✓ normal red blood cell formation
✓ normal functioning of the nervous system ✓ normal function of the immune system
✓ normal homocysteine metabolism ✓ reduction of tiredness and fatigue
✓ normal protein and glycogen metabolism ✓ regulation of hormonal activity
✓ maintenance of normal blood pressure ✓ normal muscle function
✓ normal blood clotting ✓ normal neurotransmission
✓ normal function of digestive enzymes ✓ process of cell division and specialisation
✓ maintenance of normal bones ✓ maintenance of normal teeth
✓ normal growth and development of bone in children.
ORGANIC MACA POWDER
Ingredients: 100% Organic Maca Root.
SUGGESTED USE: 3-5g per day. Please consult your doctor before taking any nutrient-dense products.
Free From: Salt Free, Sugar Free, GMO Free, No Artificial Colours.
Serving Size: Per 100g.
Each 100g Providing:
Energy (kJ)/(kcals) 1382/328(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Protein 12g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Fat 1.3g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Of which saturates 0.3g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Mono-unsaturates 0.2g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Poly-unsaturates 0.4g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Carbohydrate 57g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Of which sugars 32g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Fibre 19g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Salt 0.07g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
Vitamin (B6) 0.3mg(Per Serving) 21.43(%RI*)
Potassium 1605mg(Per Serving) 80.25%(%RI*)
Calcium 263mg(Per Serving) 33%(%RI*)
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Product should be stored out of reach of young children.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.