250 In stock
Food Grade Guar Gum Best Quality Fine Powder Gluten Free Food Thickener Premium UK Free P&P
- WHAT IS GUAR GUM? Guar Gum is a Polysaccharide produced from the endosperm contained in the seeds (beans) of the Guar plant (Endosperm is the white fleshy part of the guar bean which is used as nutrition when the plant begins to grow). The beans are de-husked and then the endosperm extracted; its then ground to a fine powder to produce guar gum. Our Guar Gum is the highest quality made from naturally sourced Guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba).
- FOOD PRODUCTION: Guar Gum can be used for cake making, producing gluten free food, bread making, ice-cream making and a gluten free thickener. Guar Gum is used to thicken, bind ingredients and reduce water leakage, it can be used in bread and dough for a softening effect, in gels, fruit preparations and frozen products to prevent water leakage or to thicken. In Vegan and Vegetarian food it can be used as a binder to replace eggs or forms of protein.
- USE IN COSMETICS: It can also be used in cosmetics to make serums, gels and lotions. Guar Gum is used during the preparation of lotions and creams. Guar Gum can also be termed as guaran. These seeds have high low-shear viscosity as evaluated with other hydrocolloids and higher thickening properties compared to Corn Starch. Guar Gum is relatively cost effective as compared to other thickeners and stabilisers as well as being an effective binder, plasticizer and emulsifier.
- USE IN PHARMACEUTICALS: Guar Gum is often used by pharmaceutical companies to help bind tablets. Guar Gum has been linked to a reduction in serum cholesterol having a positive effect on blood glucose. Our Guar Gum is an extra fine premium quality powder, which is a natural gluten free food thickener, stabiliser, emulsifier and texture improver. Guar Gum is a powerful short texture thickener and can be used even in cold water or liquids. It is neutral in smell and tasteless.
- TYPICAL DOSAGE: 3g to 5g per litre. Guar Gum is easy to use, it is not sensitive to pH and is tolerant to salts making it a very useful thickener, emulsifier, stabiliser and texture improver. In ice cream and sorbets to prevent ice crystals forming. It can also be used in foams to improve stability and texture, and can replace starch, syrups and sugars as a low calorie source thickener.
Guar Gum powder extracted from the endosperm of guar seed (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus). It is a fine white to cream coloured powder with no chemical additives. It has low microbiological profile as the raw materials are processed under controlled and hygienic conditions. Used as a stabilizing, binding and thickening agent especially suitable for the food and pharma products. Our Guar gum is the very best quality you can get. It is used in the food industry for the following:
- A thickener
- Making cakes
- Gluten free products such as breads and pizzas
And so much more.
Guar Gum Data?
Appearance - White to off white powder
Viscosity (1% Solution;cps) Brookfield - Min 3500 % cps
Ash - Max 1.5 %
pH - 5 - 7
Particle Size - 200 mesh Max 10 %
Protein - Max 10 %
Guar Gum 200-3500 cps
Ingredients: Guar Gum (E 412)
Natural food grade guar gum from the guar plant. Gluten free for bread makers cake making and thickener for making ice cream.
Directions: Bread/Dough: Add 1 teaspoon per cup of flour.
Cake/Muffins: Add 1/2 teaspoon per cup of flour.
Cookies/Bars: Add 1 teaspoon per cup of flour.
Free From: No BSE or TSE, No GMOs.
Serving Size: 3g to 5g.
Each 3g Providing: Guar Gum 3g(Per Serving) **(%RI*)
* Reference Intake.
** No RI established.
Warning: Store in a cool dry place away from moisture.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.